Population: 35,918,915 - ranks 35th worldwide
Official Language: English and Swahili
Religion: Freedom of religion
Geography: Area - 241,551 sq. km. Much of the land is fertile and well-watered.
Seven of Joyce’s books have been translated in Acholi, Lango, and, Luganda. Over 145,000 books in these languages as well as English have been distributed through outreaches.
Hand of Hope supports the Baby Watoto home in Gulu.
2011: Extreme drought conditions in the Horn of Africa resulted in an estimated 10 million people facing a severe food crisis. Hand of Hope worked quickly to provide much needed life-saving food supplies – providing over 500,000 meals in partnership with Feed My Starving Children.
We also partnered with New Life Homes Trust to drill a water well near the Kenya/Somalia border.This well, along with 10 other recently completed wells we drilled in Somalia is providing much-needed water for so many.
Hand of Hope serves over 100,000 meals yearly through our feeding programs in this country,partnering with Watoto.
- 2008: Joyce held a two-night festival that was attended by more than 225,000 people.
- 2003: Joyce ministered to thousands of people, in a conference in Kampala, Uganda.
- 2001: Joyce first ministered in Uganda
Hand of Hope has partnered with John Maxwell's EQUIP leadership training ministry to conduct the Million Leaders Mandate, a global initiative striving to train at least one million leaders worldwide.
- 2017: Our volunteers treated 4,262 patients; 2,074 accepted Christ
- 2016: Our volunteers treated 3,240 patients; 544 received Christ
- 2012: Our volunteers treated 5,164 patients; over 3,400 received Jesus Christ as their Savior.
- 2011: Our volunteers treated 4,348 people were treated and over 2,100 souls were saved.
Television and Radio
Joyce’s Enjoying Everyday Life television shows are available in English and KiSwahili in select areas across the country, and previously aired in English on radio.
Hand of Hope has installed water tanks to provide fresh drinking water to villages.