Official Language: Urdu and English
Religion: An Islamic republic with Sunni majority. There remains a degree of religious freedom.
Geography: Area - 796,095 sq. km. Arid mountains, Sindh desert and the fertile Indus valley.
Fourteen of Joyce’s books have been translated into Pashto, Saraiki, Sindhi, Balochi and Urdu. Over 395,000 books in those languages have been distributed throughout Pakistan.
- 2015: Hand of Hope responded to the Lahore Church Bombing with financial aid to those who were unable to work due to injuries.
- 2014: After monsoon flooding, Hand of Hope responded with 1,000 food packs including rice, wheat flour, sugar, tea, lentils, chic peas, spices, salt, etc. We also distributed quilts, pillows, sheets, utensils, kitchenware and Joyce’s books.
- 2013: Flooding from monsoon rains destroyed nearly 80,000 homes and displaced an estimated 1.5 million people. When the flooding occurred Hand of Hope provided support to those affected in the slum areas of Islamabad.
- 2013: A devastating earthquake and powerful aftershocks hit the southwestern region of Pakistan. More than 500 people died and thousands were left homeless as their mud-walled homes were destroyed. Hand of Hope partnered with our contact on the ground in Pakistan to provide tents, food, utensils and Joyce’s books to affected families in and around the city of Awaran.
- 2010: Hand of Hope coordinated with local pastors and Church leaders, providing disaster relief funds to supply as much life-saving aid and relief as possible, to the affected areas where massive flooding and monsoons occurred. We provided 200 families with beds, mattresses, quilts, pillows & cases, sheets, buckets, dishes and cooking utensils. We also distributed many of Joyce's books in the native languages of the region to provide comfort and hope. In addition, we repaired the roofs of two churches which were damaged by heavy rains.
- 2009: During the Christian persecution, Hand of Hope provided families with beds, chairs, gas stoves, kitchen utensils, food, water pumping systems, financial assistance and several of Joyce's books.
- 2005: Hand of Hope partnered with other ministries to help bring relief to hurting people after an earthquake.
Joyce Meyer Ministries has a field office that services Pakistan.
Hand of Hope has partnered with John Maxwell's EQUIP leadership training ministry to conduct the Million Leaders Mandate, a global initiative striving to train at least one million leaders worldwide.
Hand of Hope works to reach out and help the persecuted church in Pakistan.
Television and Radio
Joyce’s Enjoying Everyday Life television show is available in English, Hindi, and Urdu in select areas across the country. The television show was previously available in Punjabi and Telugu.