Population: 45,010,056 - ranks 30th worldwide
Official Language: English and Swahili
Religion: Freedom of religion
Geography: Area - 582,646 sq. km. Plateaus in the south and west. Much of the north and east is desert.
Book TranslationNine of Joyce’s books have been translated in Swahili; over 49,000 have been distributed through outreaches.
- 2011: Extreme drought conditions in the Horn of Africa resulted in an estimated 10 million people facing a severe food crisis. Hand of Hope worked quickly to provide much needed life-saving food supplies – providing over 500,000 meals in partnership with Feed My Starving Children. We also partnered with New Life Homes Trust to drill a water well near the Kenya/Somalia border. This well, along with 10 other recently completed wells we drilled in Somalia is providing much-needed water for so many.
- 2007: Hand of Hope provided disaster relief during the Kenya Conflict
Feeding ProgramsHand of Hope serves hundreds of thousands of meals yearly through our feeding programs in Kenya.
International Conferences2001: Joyce ministered to thousands in the capital city, Nairobi.
Leadership TrainingHand of Hope has partnered with John Maxwell's EQUIP leadership training ministry to conduct the Million Leaders Mandate, a global initiative striving to train at least one million leaders worldwide.
Medical and Dental Outreach2013: Treated 5,169 patients; 268 people came to know Christ.
- In partnership with Nairobi Lighthouse Church, Hand of Hope supports church planting and youth crusades throughout the country.
- We partner with New Life Homes to feed children in Kenya.
- 2008: Hand of Hope partnered with Nairobi Lighthouse Church to offer lifesaving assistance to families displaced by violence and riots.
- 2001: Hand of Hope ministry hosted an Extreme Weekend Youth Crusade, reaching 10,000 youth; 550 received salvation.
- 2013: The prison team visited a prison in Kenya distributing 400 hygiene bags and Joyce Meyer books.
- 2011: The Nairobi Lighthouse Church ministered in 25 prisons, giving away 12,000 hygiene gift bags and books by Joyce.
- 2003: The prison team joined Nairobi Lighthouse Church to minister in 80 prisons in 10 days, giving away 41,000 hygiene gift bags and books by Joyce Meyer.
In 2012, Joyce Meyer Ministries, Hand of Hope in partnership with Gleaning for the World Foundation shipped 26,000 pairs of shoes to be distributed across Kenya. The shoes were distributed through our partnerships with Nairobi Lighthouse Church and New Life Homes.
Television and Radio
Joyce’s Enjoying Everyday Life television shows are available in English and Kiswahili in select areas of the country. The Radio program is available in English.
Through our Water Relief program, Hand of Hope helps dig wells to provide fresh drinking water to villages.